Varieties of hosting solutions
A hosting service implies saving and/or sharing given content on a server administered by a website hosting provider. There are different classes of hosting services used for different goals, so let's examine them. Doing so, you can determine what you need, depending on whether you wish to own a blog, e-mail addresses, or to share files with buddies and partners.
- File hosting: a solution supplied by particular providers, which enables you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole goal is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting plans are frequently supported by exhibiting ads beside the download links, while a timer compels you to await a certain span of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you get a paid file storage account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no restriction with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting suppliers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a completely fallacious explanation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would divide the workload between individual packs of web servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending various web space hosting services (email, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is only a kind of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; some distributors offer a hosting solution for images solely. This hosting kind is suitable if you wish to share a huge number of pics with comrades or associates since the service is typically free of charge. You will receive a random link for each and every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for web pages.
- Email hosting: a solution dedicated to administering your email box accounts. Some companies offer web hosting services for web sites, but do not offer an email hosting solution. If you desire to manage an email address with your domain name but do not desire to keep a web site, then the email hosting service is what you want. You can set up e-mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to some video clip, or you can embed the video file in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video file brings about a particular amount of CPU load, so with a few video files and a few hundred web page viewers, you may have trouble with your web space hosting reserves. Embedding the video clip will enable you to manage as many videos as you desire without hassling about system resources.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you need if you desire to keep a site. To a certain extent, it contains all of the aforesaid hosting types since, along with your websites, you can also host pics and files, you can create databases and emails, upload videos, etc. At Hardball Hosting, for instance, you can have a gaze at web hosting and dedicated web hosting packages that allow you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in a single location. There may be limitations depending on the type of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your webspace hosting account may be better or worse in comparison with the conventional e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are conceived for specific web content exclusively.